Monday, January 23, 2012

RIGHT til your heart's content

So- I think that lots has been lost in this age of technology... ipods, smart phones, email, text  (just to name a few)  and to RIGHT that- I would like to get back to the more simple communication called RIGHTing a letter.  Yes it is misspelled (this I know).  However, to receive a letter in the mail (because most times these days you only receive junk mail and bills {also called junk mail}) is so VERY exciting.  Way more fun than an email or a boring text.
My daughter Annily has done such a great job keeping up with friends that have moved across the country by sending them small gifts and letters... I have encouraged this, as it has been so nice seeing the look on her face when she receives a letter or seeing her joy when she writes a letter.  Sending a small handmade gift has taught her the value of giving and this is what I hope my children learn from this technology age... Giving is the best gift you can give yourself.  Make sense?  If not, then try it!  Give of your time volunteering for your community, give of your services by taking a sick meal to your friend, neighbor or someone you know of in need, give of yourself more and you will soon see that all that giving has given you a new zeal for life.  How do I know this you ask?  Because last year I started giving more, loving more and being more... I was inspired recently to give EVEN more when I saw a community of ladies that got together and offered the giveaway(closed, but you can read about it here ) that I spoke about in December (click on link if you would like to read my post)  All of the sponsors are listed below and all offered an amazing prize.  I spent an entire day trying to win the giveaway and was NOT SAD AT ALL when I didnt win and this is why:  I spent time at each one of their facebook pages and or blogs and I was so inspired to keep up on my own blog.  It was a great gift that I received by reading their stories, seeing how their businesses grow and I now am trying to give back to them.


If you can find them on facebook, it is worth it to check any/all of them out.  AND I must say that the one I am most impressed with is Designher Brands, as she arranged it all and has been so sweet to give me some pointers on a giveaway that I am doing to thank them all for the inspiration.  It is thanks to kind people like her that I have a fire lit to go forward and WRITE about the rights (staying away from the wrongs)....    I have a care package going out for her next week!  Cant wait to see what she thinks!  It is the beginnings of paying it forward... 12 prizes I am offering if I can get 12 of them to enter.  If not, each one will receive a random prize drawn the old fashioned way.  OUT OF A HAT!!  :)   I will update this as it nears the end.  I am eagerly awaiting some handmade tags to tag my gifts with and then they will be sent.  




3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Jackie ~ You are so amazing! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful post and your sweet comments about me and Designher Brands. Thank you for being such a beautiful, authentic lady xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie,
    Glad to have found your blog via Melissa.She is a fantastic lady and does so much to help so many of us. I'm a new follower of your blog and will be back soon.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for you Melissa! You deserve the accolades!

    ReplyDelete