Monday, September 19, 2011

FIT for a King!

A friend who flips houses needed an 8 ft table and a matching hutch removed from a house... it had 1 captains chair (with arms) and 3 more chairs and the hutch had glass doors (most of which broke in transit)... cost $200 (those that know me have to know that is a ton for me to pay for furniture, but I saw something in this set that I just knew would fit to my liking- eventually)... so this is the UGLY captain's chair- FOR THE CAPTAIN OF OUR HOUSE!  This sweet husband of mine, drove me to Tempe, helped me load it on the trailer and drove it home and I can only imagine what he was thinking... this crazy wife of mine has really done it this time with this horribly ugly furniture...  Almost immediately he started working on an 8 ft bench to accommodate our children, since there were only 4 chairs.  He designed it, built it and (insert about 8 months later) I painted and covered it with Silver vinyl (this is not just ANY vinyl though- it is BOAT upholstery, given to me by my dear friend Amy- who lucky for me- completely refinishes boats and is so kind as to give me the scraps).... to make it easy to clean.
ok- back to the CAPTAIN chair...


WA LA... this chair is now fitting for a King - My King that is!
Take note that the SILVER boat vinyl shows up again... this was my VERY 1st upholstery job... and now I still have 3 more chairs to go.... PRETTY sure I went undiagnosed as ADD as a child.. they are still not done.

HOWEVER- just because I got bored with the chairs does not mean that I stopped the dining room re-do... Here is the ugly hutch BEFORE:


and AFTER- notice the cups on table and mess next to it- that is how I roll...
 

close up of fabric-

What to you think?
So the dining room furniture has to be put on hold to get ready to move into our new house... but watch for updates!
It is now 0129 in the AM and my sweet little 3 year old just trapsed down the stair thanks to the noisy keyboard in a echo-y house...

4 comments:

  1. Was that the hutch in the old Craft room? I like the new chair! & The hutch looks much better that color ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented!!! I love the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A woman after my own heart, you are.... :) Great JOB!!!! We get excited about the same stuff! You should see all of my recent projects! :) Ahhhhh we need a catch up day! :) Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Naomi, this was in the garage. We have lots of home improvements going on all the time... thanks to your amazing dad and all the help he is! Nat- love you and miss you... is a family vaca due for Arizona? and Yipma... wow been a long time since I called you that, but I sure do miss you!!! Bring that baby over here and have a sewing day with me!!
    Thank you all of you! I hope that you follow my new little blog and watch for an upcoming giveaway!

    ReplyDelete